One of the most beloved meals that I serve to our guys on Thursday nights is “Brinner” – a carbo-loaded dinner of breakfast deliciousness.
I think this is a favorite meal because busy adults are not served a home-cooked breakfast very often. And because a hot breakfast is food that feels like home.
The recipes I use for brinner are easy to prepare, but this is not a dinner that can be made when I’m short on time. It requires more a lot more work and more help than many of the recipes that I’ve put on this blog.
But the end result is always appreciated. And the satisfaction of lingering at the table to talk with people who are happy because of the company and warm breakfast food in their bellies is worth it!
MY BRINNER MENU – Served 16
- 1-9×13 English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich Casserole
- 1-9×13 French Toast Casserole
- 1 Hash Brown Pizza
- 2 pounds of Candied Bacon
- 32 Pillsbury cinnamon rolls (the kind that come in a can in the refrigerator section. I purchased them in bulk at Smart & Final)
- 1 large bowl of fresh fruit salad
- 1 gallon of milk
- 1 gallon of orange juice (I should have bought two)
You can use any of your favorite recipes to create Brinner for your community. Personalize this menu and use recipes that remind you of home or being at grandma’s house. I pretty sure it will become one of your community’s favorite meals too.